Apnea - Samson Freediving
APNEA INTERNATIONAL STAGE A FREEDIVING COURSE
The Stage A Course is aimed at providing basic knowledge of the different Freediving categories, the important rules of behaviour and the safest way to perform Freediving while allowing the fastest improvement.
Course results in an international certification from Apnea International.
- Minimum Age: 16 (13 with parental consent).
- Health : See Freediving Medical Form. DOWNLOAD.
- Swimming Ability: You need to be comfortable in the water and be able to swim a minimum distance of 200m.
The course covers the following subjects;
- Freediving categories.
- Safety for Freediving.
- Rules of behaviour for Freediving.
- The buddy system and the role of the buddy and diver in training.
- Training session planning. Static apnea, dynamic apnea and depth.
- The difference between a depth session and a spearfishing session.
- Equipment for Freediving. Which mask, snorkel, fins and suit to choose.
- Physiology of Freediving.
- Proper breathing for Freediving. We will discuss the first of 3 stages of proper breathing.
- Relaxation techniques for static apnea training. Relaxation is the most important aspect of static training.
- Equalisation techniques.
- Preventing pressure injuries (barotraumas) whilst Freediving.
- Freedive emergencies. Avoiding and reacting to blackouts and “surface samba” (loss of motor control).
- Day 1
8.00am – 12noon : Theory session.
1.00pm – 5.00pm : Pool sessions. Static apnea and dynamic apnea.
5.30pm – 7.00pm : Theory session.
- Day 2
8.30am – 5.00pm : Open water sessions. Free immersion, depth Freediving and rescues.
This schedule is only for general knowledge. Times may change according to maritime conditions and the will of the group.
- YOU WILL NEED TO BRING A FULL SET OF FREEDIVING EQUIPMENT:
Mask, Snorkel, Fins, Weight Belt and Wetsuit.
- Spearwest is happy to customize a package to suit your needs and offer a student discount.
Stage A Freediving Course. Perth. Shore Dive : $550.
- Classroom tuition.
- Pool training.
- Open water instruction.
- Course Manual.
- Certification Card.
COURSE DATES. REGISTRATION. PAYMENTS
Samson McAdam – 0411 166 202